In this weekend intensive, we will cover all of the preparations, steps, and progressions to successfully practice the classical inversions: headstand, shoulderstand, handstand...
Yoga Retreat Weekend with Luke Ketterhagen Stressbuster Intensive: Tools and techniques for fulfillment and freedom
What if you could achieve some freedom from stress? Or rather what if you could gain confidence in a set of skills and techniques that would help you manage your stress and effectively wipe out future stress inducing situations?
You can only make a change in life if you understand what is happening and why. Then, unfortunately, you are only half way there because until you know how to deal with what is happening, (i.e. you have the coping mechanisms) you may still be a victim of stresses ugly consequences.
Join me for a full and active program of learning, studying and practice. This weekend is a focus on time-tested skills and philosophies that will train you to know and understand yourself. In understanding the world inside, you will understand the world outside and be empowered and skilled to make the necessary adjustments so you can create more happiness and joy. This weekend could change your life!
Here are a few of the topics we will cover:
· Consequences of stress
· The stress response from several perspectives
· How to recognize the symptoms that trigger a stress response.
· How to make the minor ‘tweaks’ in life so that you can take control again.
· The plethora of yoga, relaxation, meditation, diet, sleep and exercise tips
Here is what a recent student said about this intensive. Don’t miss it!
The teacher/coach Luke was TREMENDOUS. Life changing experience. I never thought I could enjoy soooo much. I am very rational and pragmatic guy and Luke changed the way I see the world. FANTASTIC ~ Craig
Yoga Weekend Retreat with Luke Ketterhagen Pranayama Intensive: The classical practices for healing and transformation
Yoga Weekend Retreat with Luke Ketterhagen
Pranayama Intensive: The classical practices for healing and transformation
Join me for a complete weekend dedicated to the practices that at the deepest levels help us heal - physically, mentally and emotionally. This is an intensive on understanding, building, channeling and directing energy. Our study will take a comprehensive look at the breath; how we breath; where in our bodies we can breathe and in what ways we can manipulate our breathing mechanism to create measurable and immense changes. As a consequence, you will also learn how to relax and appreciate the power in calming the nervous system. You will become proficient in knowledge and practice in arguably the most important voluntary process we perform. You will:
· Understand the dynamics of breathing anatomically, physiologically and energetically
· Practice techniques precisely designed to establish diaphragmatic breathing and a relaxed awareness around the abdominal area
· Explore specifically directed postures, techniques and skills for effectively strengthening a chronically weak and often underperforming respiratory diaphragm
· Essential components to setting a proper seat and consequently, creating a container and direction, for the energy to effectively collect, gather and grow.
Please remember that without breath there is no life; there is no yoga. And by knowing how to work with the breath – consciously - we can literally experience an uncoupling of the breath with emotions. This uncoupling lies at the heart of increasing our capacity in life for bhoga and apavarga; fulfillment and freedom, respectively. It links us into the ultimate goals of yoga and it is how we heal on all levels
To Register call 800-822-4547 or visit: https://www.himalayaninstitute.org/event/yoga-retreat-weekend-pranayama-intensive-2/
Yoga Retreat Weekend with Luke Ketterhagen Meditation Intensive: The journey to an unshakable inner equanimity and peace
18 years ago, I was given a punishment for violating a high school team rule. The punishment was to meditate each day before school. That turned out to be one of the most valuable consequences of my actions – ever. Many others who have come to practice daily meditation have similar stories and therefore say the very same thing – meditation has changed their life. What the impetus is for beginning is virtually unimportant. The only thing that matters is that you start.
Meditation is finally getting the press and focus necessary to bring it to the forefront of our fast-paced society and culture. It is an unmatched tool to help us cope, heal, evolve, adapt and become the greatest we can become. Learn the specific practices that enhance meditation. Whether you are new to meditation, a long-time meditator looking to get another perspective and more enthusiasm to practice or someone wanting to deepen your practice, this weekend intensive is for you.
Join the millions of people benefitting from this ancient and timeless techniques:
· Students in school systems benefiting more from meditation than detention and suspension
· Healthcare practitioners, educators and patients learning how effective meditation is to treat depression, anxiety and pain management
· Professional sports teams using meditation to channel inner focus and drive and improve performance by learning to access their most powerful ‘muscle’ the mind.
· Corporations adding meditation classes and trainings because of its’ proven method to improve efficacy, productivity and reduce stress.
The great sages say meditation is that which introduces you to yourself and is the entry point to understanding who you are on all levels.
Please come and learn why meditation is having such a huge impact on peoples’ lives. You will never be the same after you start meditation!
Read what one of my students said about her experience:
I have never meditated and even that short time caught me off guard that I could have such quiet and peace inside. I had some moments of big space within. Pretty cool. :)
Anyway--had to mention--had to thank you! ~Amy
We are human so we walk, sit, stand, sit and sit some more. We must have a systematic program for undoing any tension, tightness and fatigue we may have collected by working, commuting, or simple living. A strong yoga practice can be a gateway to freedom. Freedom from stiffness. Freedom from resistance. Freedom from a habit pattern that is deep and very ‘sticky’. Learn the fundamentals behind many of the very basic, advanced, practiced and taught poses in yoga classes. Learn to safely do the poses so you can continue the path to wholeness and freedom.
This weekend is dedicated to outline postures and sequences designed to free the body, open energy channels, increase physical awareness and ultimately see why the scriptures talk about asana as a gateway to steadiness and ease – on all levels.
· Here are some of the topics we will discuss and cover this weekend:
· The foundation for all poses
· Classifications of postures
· The source of steadiness
· The source of ease
· Combining steadiness and ease in practice
To Register go to: https://www.himalayaninstitute.org/event/yoga-retreat-weekend-asana-intensive/
Or Call: 800-822-4547
Join me for a complete weekend dedicated to the practices that at the deepest levels help us heal - physically, mentally and emotionally. This is an intensive on understanding, building, channeling and directing energy.